

I have almost finished my Sweetheart Quilt. My sweetheart bought me the fabric for valentines day 2000. I sewed it as a mystery quilt. The pattern was sent to me, all the way from Colorado Springs each month , from High Country Quilts. I faithfully sewed it . When I was to be married in 2001, I took the almost completed top to the Springs with me to finish. I never found the right fabric to finish it. So home it came in 2005. Then one day I found the right fabric and last month I put on the last strip around the outside. Now I have to edge it. It is on the bed waiting until I get to do that.
PS my Son in law, helped me to put the bed up at the weekend. So I showed the quilt to them as I put it on the bed. He straight away spotted two mistakes. Of course I did them on purpose tee hee.

I love it! Well done, you should be very proud. Love the colour combination. :-)
ReplyDeleteI wondered why your quilt looked kind of familiar - my very first quilt was in just those colours and I still love it. Yours is lovely - congrats on finishing it.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations - your (finally) finished quilt looks just lovely. Wonder if the time frame is some sort of record? Perhaps not, I'm sure I have old UFOs hanging about somewhere.
ReplyDeleteWow, Jenni!! This is a gorgeous quilt!! And well worth the wait!!!
ReplyDelete