Thursday, January 21, 2010

Friday flaunt.


Today I picked my first Tomato on Friday 22. it weights about 750 grams. Tomato Sandwiches for tea today.
I know it is not a quilty thing but I am so proud of this.
James has never grown vegies before and so being the first he is impressed, but the next one may be a cherry tomato so I hope he isnt disappointed.
We put the garden in so he could garden but since the feet are a problem I had to do it . So next year with his ramp he can grown big ones like this too

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Jeni, I had to delete the first comment! My laptop decided to rearrange the words! You would have had to be a cryptographer to read it!

    this is what it should have said.

    "Very impressive! I have one very small cherry tomato that has just turned yellow! None of mine are going to look has handsome as that one have one!

    Think a big hugz Jeni"

    ReplyDelete
  3. umm I love the smell of Home Grown Tomatoes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is one impressive tomato. we bought four plants this year and have only one green insect eaten specimen to show. I bet it smelt fantastic too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree... it's a great looking tomato. Since when does a Friday Flaunt have to be only about sewing/quilting?
    I reckon... if you've done it, flaunt it! :) Achievements, no matter how big (or small) should be celebrated! I look forward to the next post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No ripe tomatoes here yet Jenni - probably haven't been given enough manure!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete